Friday, January 16, 2009

Frustrated with life......

I decided to start a blog about my own homeless journey after reading Katy's blogs on http://destinationanywherebuthere.blogspot.com/ . I have followed her story through her blogs and on other websites that have helped her and her mom.

I have to believe that God puts people in your life for a reason. Maybe that is why after all this time and reading Katy's blogs that I have decided to write one of my own.

My name is Jennifer and I have been homeless off and on for the last 6 years. I have lived in a car, stayed under bridges, stayed in shelters and with friends. In September of 2008, I moved from San Jose, Ca to Los Banos, CA hoping to find a place. I stayed with some friends there and needless to say, that went bad. So then I went to living in my car.

The title for this blog is how I am feeling right now. Good news is that I have found an apartment in Merced, CA that I can afford. Bad news is that I need the deposit to move in. My income is only enough to make the rent every month and bills. I have called numerous places in the Merced area and none of them have the funds to help. I understand the economy is failing but the homeless population seems to be growing everyday and there seems to be no resources in place to help. There are resources in San Jose but they will not help me because I am not going to be living in their county.

That is why I started this blog. Maybe in writing my thoughts and my dilemnas, someplace or someone willbe willing to help. I am a full-time student and the only income that I have is my fiances SSI (He is disabled).

Thanks for listening to me ramble. I believe that God has good things in store for me and my family but it is frustrating having to wait. We are supposed to move in the 30th of this month. If we dont have the deposit, we lose the place. Please keep us in your prayers that something comes before then....

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a blog, although I'm really sad to hear you're homeless! Do you mind if I mention your blog on my blog? I'll be praying that you get help for your apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great. I also heard that you and your mom got your apartment. That is great news!! Congrats!!!Hopefully, I am next....All I need is help with the deposit and we get to move in...I will keep you and your mom in my prayers and please keep us in yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete